Monday 15 September 2014

The hidden courtyard in Port Louis

So today I met with my friend/photographer Julien for lunch to talk about his upcoming book and his other very interesting and inspiring projects. See some of his photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/jubyfc/sets/72157646243738226/

After lunch we took a quick stroll and we walked the same paths as I did a few weeks ago but this time, Julien wanted to show me the inside of the buildings that I (randomly) took pictures of. I have always walked pass those buildings wondering what they were, but today walking into them was quite an experience.

Our best discovery was this abandoned courtyard, where time stood still. The courtyard was found in the oldest building in Port Louis. The smell of old wood and the eerie quietness hang in the air despite the fact that a solicitor office was next door and the building was surrounded by busy main roads.

Lunch at Le Vieux Conseil

the wood on those staircase was the
kind you do see anymore

Inside the oldest building

The most unsafe balcony I've ever stood on and walked ...
It was scary, the wood wasnt solid and
the only thing holding the woods
were rusty iron bars. I dont think I'll
go back there for a walk on their balcony

Inside the courtyard

Abandoned and forgotten

Do the people who used this bench still remember
this place exist, this bench still exist

across the courtyard


how do you know you are at a good solicitor?
A picture of Che Guevara of course

No comments:

Post a Comment